Not only is this dish quick and easy, it’s wonderfully comforting. I mean you can’t go wrong with potatoes and cheese can you? Now if blue cheese isn’t for you, try a soft goats cheese instead (like Chavroux) and if you’re veggie you don’t need to add the ham or you can add an alternative. That’s the best thing about this dish, it’s incredibly versatile.
- 1 tbsp Oil (we used rapeseed)
- 25 g Salted butter
- 400 g Gnocchi
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 250 g Mushrooms sliced
- 1 Clove of garlic crushed
- 75 g Soft Danish blue cheese roughly chopped
- 150 g Ham sliced
- Black pepper
- Start by getting the onion in the pan frying on a medium heat with the oil and butter, stir and pop a lid on for 5 minutes or so. When soft add in the garlic and mushrooms and again pop the lid on to cook.
- Whilst the onions etc. cook, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the gnocchi (about 1 minute or until all the gnocchi floats to the top). Then drain.
- Add in the ham and the gnocchi to the pan and stir through. Then dot the roughly chopped cheese and allow to melt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Use soft goats cheese or mozzarella if blue cheese is not your thing. Also veggie ham alternatives would work.
Use pasta instead of gnocchi if you prefer.
Another alternative for this dish, if you’re not a gnocchi fan would be to make with pasta. My Gnocchi with Blue Cheese really is a versatile and hearty dish. I have a feeling we will be making this more often as the seasons change!