This recipe is adapted from a previous cookie recipe (Jelly Bean Cookies) and is super simple. It took me about 10 minutes to knock up the mixture, then I baked in two batches. In less than an hour I has these delicious Creme Egg Cookies.
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 100 g Unsalted butter soft at room temp
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup (or honey, but if you have neither do not worry)
- 170 g Self raising flour sieved
- 4 Creme eggs chopped
- 1 tbsp Milk (depends if the dough comes together or not when you mix)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the butter and the sugar in your mixer (I used my trusty Kmix) until light and fluffy (this can take several minutes).
- Mix in the maple syrup and beat again.
- Mix in half of the flour with the chopped Creme Eggs. Once this has combined mix in the rest of the flour and the baking powder.
- Keep on mixing until the dough starts to form a ball in the mixer, you may need to add the milk if it doesn’t come together by itself. When very dough like turn out onto a floured surface and working with your hands.
- Separate the dough out into 12 sizeable balls. Don’t press them down and place on a baking tray (I baked two batches of 6).
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for a few minutes, before transferring to a wire rack.
- Serve with steaming hot cups of tea.
I know baking ingredients have been hard to come by and I appreciate not everyone will be able to make these. But if you can get hold of biscuits, chocolates and sweets you could make Rocky Road.