Now for my Sausage and Vegetable Bake I used some lovely Pheasant & Pear Sausages from Wild and Game*. I know game isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, so don’t see this recipe as one that you have to use game sausages for. The whole point of this quick and easy recipe is that it is flexible, pick whatever you want veg or sausage wise (the method is below). But for us, the game sausages were delicious, meaty and lean. Wild and Game offer a fantastic delivery service of high quality game products and I think we would definitely order from them in the future.
- One pack of sausages
- 2 Peppers any colour, sliced
- 1 Red onion sliced
- 2 Courgettes sliced
- 400 g New potatoes sliced into quarters length ways
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Heat your oven to 200c/180c (fan).
- Slice all of your veggies up.
- Place all the veg evenly in the roasting tin, coat with oil, cover with salt and pepper.
- Place the sausages on top of the veggies.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes.
This is easily made with veggie sausages instead of meat for veggies and vegans!
Don’t be tempted to bake tomatoes in this dish, they ‘pop’ mid cooking and make the potatoes soggy.