I like quesadillas because they’re easy, you can put in whatever you want and they can be a good way to use up leftovers. For my Chicken Kiev Quesadillas i actually came up with them because the peppers I had would’ve gone off otherwise. But if you don’t have peppers you could put in any veg you like. You can also make these vegan or veggie very easily, essentially this is the kind of recipe that’s open to edit!
- 2 Peppers sliced
- 6 Chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- 3 tbsp Fajita seasoning
- 1 box Garlic Boursin
- 4 Wraps
- Heat the oven to 200c/180c (fan). Season your chicken thighs with the fajita seasoning and put both your peppers and chicken thighs in roasting tins. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the peppers and chicken are done, shred the chicken.
- Get your wraps and cheese ready. And heat a pan on a medium heat (no oil).
- Spread Boursin on one half of the wrap then pop in the frying pan. On that half put some chicken and peppers, heat for 2-3 minutes then fold the wrap and flip. Press down on it with your spatular. Cook for another 2-3 minutes then serve. Cut into quarters and serve with salsa, hot sauce and whatever else you fancy! (Repeat for each quesadilla).
I should add that if you don’t have or can’t find garlic soft cheese, you could fry some garlic and mix it into soft cheese such as Philly or mascarpone. Or you could roast your chicken and veg with garlic and that would really add to the flavour. Overall this made a super tasty dinner and I am looking forward to making again!